Audition for any of the Band Scholarships (Marching Band, Symphonic Winds, Jazz Band, and Private Lessons) by sending a video recording or providing a link to a video on the internet. Auditions can be recorded on any device. Please introduce yourself and the items you are recording.
REQUIREMENTS FOR WIND PLAYERS
- 2 major or minor scales (1 or 2 octaves) of the auditionee’s choosing (this would be a good opportunity for brass players to demonstrate their highest range)
- A short (30 seconds to 1 minute) excerpt demonstrating technical ability
- A short (30 seconds to 1 minute) excerpt demonstrating expressive/lyrical ability.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PERCUSSIONISTS
- 1 excerpt each on 2 different instruments groups (i.e. snare/set, timpani, keyboards). Excerpts can be taken from solo or band music.
- No scales or rudiments required.
Submitting your Audition
Links or recordings should be sent to:
- Duncan Goff, firstname.lastname@example.org, for Marching Band
- Craig Young, email@example.com, for all other bands and lessons
It may be necessary to send multiple emails due to file size. If you would prefer, you may send your recording on a DVD, SD card, or USB drive to:
Department of Music
Clinton, MS 39056
Band Scholarship Auditions are used to confirm that students joining the MC Bands have sufficient experience on their instruments and will be contributing members of our ensembles. Auditions for seating within the Symphonic Winds will be within the first month of the Fall Semester and do not require any previous preparation. Those planning on coming to campus to audition as an Instrumental Music Education Major do not need to submit a Band Scholarship Audition.
Duncan Goff, Director of Marching Band
David White, Assitant Director of Marching Band
Wayne Linehan, Director of Jazz Band