Lessons and Classes
The Taylor School provides instruction in guitar, piano, and voice. 30- and 45-minute private lessons and classes are available. Lessons and classes are given in Aven Hall, on campus at Mississippi College.
|14-week semester (Fall and Spring)|
|30-minute lessons||45-minute lessons|
|Private lessons (Student Instructor)||$330||$495|
|Private lessons (Staff Instructor)||$370||$555|
|Private lessons (Faculty Instructor)||$430||$645|
Half of each semester's tuition is due at the beginning of the term. Invoices are provided.
The Taylor School accepts cash, checks, or credit cards via online payment at mc.edu/taylorschooltuition.
Tuition Discount Policy
A 10% discount is available for those with more than one child enrolled. Full tuition is paid for the first child. Discounts are applied after that.
A 10% discount is available for MC faculty, staff, and their children.
Parents with multiple children enrolled may pay monthly pending approval from the director of the Taylor School.
- Please do not miss lessons.
- Please let your teacher know if you need to miss a lesson.
- Missed lessons may not be rescheduled.
- Instructors will stay on schedule. If students are late, the lesson will end at the scheduled time.
- If a teacher misses a lesson, they will make it up before the end of the term.
- The Taylor School calendar includes a week for making up lessons.
- Lessons may be cancelled due to weather conditions.
- No refunds or credits will be given for missed lessons.
Withdrawal from the Taylor School
Students commit to study at the Taylor School for the entire 14-week term.
Parents will be invoiced for the entire 14-week term.
The Taylor School may discontinue lessons or classes and/or refuse lessons to students. Reasons for this may include, but are not limited to:
- consistent lack of preparation of assignments
- non-payment and/or consistent late payment of tuition
- many missed lessons
- the determination by the instructor or director that the student's needs are not being met by the Taylor School
Students perform at the end of each 14-week term. Other performances may also happen. These have included chamber music recitals, a Fall Festival, master classes, local festivals, competitions, and other performances as they arise.
Audio, Video, and Still Image Use Policy
Taylor School lessons may be recorded. All Taylor School parents give consent to the Taylor School to use Audio, Video, and Still Images according the following policy:
Audio, Video, and/or Still Images of Taylor School lessons may be used for educational purposes. This content may also be used at conferences, symposia, presentations, etc. This content will not be broadly disseminated.
The Taylor School may distribute group pictures (still images), along with the names of participating students, of recitals or events for inclusion in local media outlets. The Taylor School will not publish or broadly distribute audio, video, or still images of individual students in which students are identifiable for marketing purposes without the express written permission of the students or their parents.